Thursday 19 May 2016

Parupu payasam/ Paasi parupu payasam

Paasi parupu payasam is my favourite one. I still remember the day when I first cooked this payasam for my father when my mom was at Hyderabad. He just loved it. I love to eat any payasam when it is mixed with jaggery. For any authentic occasion this will be my fatafat payasam. It usually takes max of 20 mins to prepare this. I usually add ghee fried finely chopped coconut pieces to this payasam, which enhances taste of it.

Preparation time : 5 mins
Cooking time : 20 mins
Serves - 4

Ingredients:

Paasiparupu/Moong dal - 1/2 cup
Jaggery - 3/4 cup grated
Coconut pieces - 1/4 cup (Optional)
Water -2 cup
Warm Milk - 1/2 cup
Cashewnuts - 10 nos
Dry grapes - 10 nos
Elachi powder - 1 teaspoon
Ghee - 3 tablespoon

Method:

1. Dry roast moong dal in a pressure pan in slow flame until nice aroma arises. Add 2 cups of water to the fried dal and pressure cook for 4-5 whistle.




2. In a heavy bottom pan, add jaggery and little water and allow to boil. Once jaggery disolves, filter it to remove impurities. Now add elachi powder to filtered jaggery liquid and allow to boil.
3. Smash moong dal and add it to jaggery and mix well such that no lumps are formed.



4. Heat ghee in small kadai and fry coconut pieces, cashewnuts and dry grapes to golden colour.



5. Finally add warm milk to payasam and cook well for 5 mins.
6. Serve payasam by adding ghee fried cashewnuts, dry grapes and coconut pieces.

Yummy, tasty and mouthwatering paasi parupu payasam is ready :)

No comments:

Post a Comment