Thursday 3 March 2016

Coconut Burfi (20 mins recipe)

After long time, I am making a post on sweets. I love to eat as well to make sweets. Coconut burfi is the most easiest dish one could make with simple ingredients. We have coconut tree at home, whenever we yield more coconut my mom used to make burfi for me. After marriage its been hard time I could have eat it. But still when ever she come to my home,  she do this and bring it for me. I feel the love of her through burfi, as sweet as burfi :).

My husband too love this coconut burfi much. Since my mom get me whenever she comes, I never made it though I know it is easy to make. Today its a pleasant day, almost its been year after I met my friend. I made this special sweet for her and took it.


Preparation time: 15mins
Cooking time : 20mins
Yields - 15 burfi

Ingredients: 

Coconut grated - 1 cup (fresh coconut)
Sugar -1 cup
Cardamom powder -1 teaspoon
Ghee - 2 teaspoon

Method:

1. In a pan (preferably nonstick kadai) add sugar, enough water(1/2 cup) to cover sugar level and boil it. Once sugar dissolves, you could see frothy consistency. At this stage add cardamom powder and grated coconut.



2. In medium flame, stir it frequently until you see coconut mixture foaming up.  Add ghee at this stage. Make sure when you take small portion of mixture outside you can make balls out of it. It is a indication to switch off flame.



3. Pour it on a greased tray or plate. Press the mixture tightly on the place with the spoon. Allow it to cool for 10 minutes. With the greased knife cut into square shaped burfi's



4. Once it is completely cooled off, you can take the burfi into pieces.

Tips:

1. Try to grate coconut until white content. Once you reach end of grating coconut. Avoid the last portion. This helps in maintaining the white colour of burfi.
2. Frothy consistency is almost a level before one sting consistency.
3. Sugar can even be reduced to 3/4 + 1 tablespoon.

3 comments: